Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ladybugs ... How fun!

I spent Saturday at a local library ... but I wasn't looking as books.  A local quilting group holds a class about 4 times a year, and for $5 you get to spend the day with other quilters and let creativity reign. 

The pattern this time was Lady Bug Playground (free to download from http://konabay.com/quilting-fabric/category/Complimentary_Patterns.html).  What a cute, fun pattern.  Yes, we all chose very different colors.  But that's part of the fun when a group of quilters.

Do I plan to follow pattern exactly?  Of course not!  And you shouldn't be suprised either.  According to the pattern, the finished quilt is 50" wide ... I decided that I wanted mine to be a bit wider, so my quilt will use 12 blocks instead of 8.  I found a great focus fabric and the rest is history, at least for this quilt. 

No, my colors are not traditional, but aren't the ladybugs adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment