Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Oh how time flies!

With the way that last week went, I decided to take an extra day off work and head for MN Sewing Central.  I started early and drove by the light of one of the most beautiful moons that I've ever seen.  It turned into an even more beautiful day to drive.  Traffic was excellent, even what I ran into around Chicago was extremely light.

Yes, I brought more fabric than I necessarily needed.  But June wasn't mad when she got home and Joel didn't laugh at me.

I've got the potholder blocks done!  Nancy helped be cut the Warm & Natural batting last week so I just need to get them quilted.  Then I can cut the backs and InsulBright and get them assembled.

We're making great progress on the LeMoyne star quilt ... even if it's not as fast as we intended it to be.  I'll let June tell you about her very yummy stars.

I have 26 LeMoyne star blocks done, and used 49 different fabrics.  That was quite by accident.  BUT it works out nicely as the quilt is to be a gift for a past D&D Region I Director.  As there are seven clubs in Region I, and 49 is a multiple of 7 ... well, it was just meant to be.   I've not yet decided on which layout to use, but am leaning towards on point.  I also think I'm going to alternate the blocks with hour glass blocks, or at least a version of the hour glass block.  Pictures to come once I've decided ...

Happy Quilting!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment