Monday, March 12, 2012

Boy did I have fun Sunday.  Last year Julie gave me a Layer Cake and several yards of 3 different matching fabric.  Well I found the perfect quilt to make the cake come alive.  It is the 10 Minute Block by Suzanne McNeil.  She has several books and YouTube video. 

So out came the Layer Cake.  I picked 5 cakes and put them together....hmmm something wasn't quite right.   I matched the color and used a light center.     It looked too matchy and the light center was...WRONG.  
So reverse stitching time!  With only 3 seams it was not difficult!  Love this Block!

I put together two more blocks before LOML (AKA Joel) came in and said, let's go to the neighbors for beer.  That ended my sewing session for Sunday.

As you can see I haven't sewn down the curved edges.  Suzanne had two different ways to sew the curves down and I haven't decided which way.


Well this morning I got up at 4AM...headed to my sewing room...what else do you do when you wake up that early?   Completed 7 more blocks...yes they are that easy....before I had to get ready for work.

Have I told you I Love this block!  Now a decision needs to be made.  Do I put together the 9 blocks or wait till April when I get to visit Julie.  Julie has another Layer Cake package of the same fabric.  Bless her heart! 

Can I wait that long is the tough question.

1 comment: