Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fall For Robert

A friend asked me to make him an "American Quilt".  I sent him a bunch of links and said pick a pattern that you like and let me know what size and color.   He found this great pattern on the HomeStore site and said he liked fall colors.  At first he wanted it to be queen size, but later bumped it up to king size.  That was easy to do with the blocks.  I just had to modify the number of blocks and figure out the sashing.  I debated whether to hand quilt or machine quilt.  Due to time and my husband's health issues, I sent it out.  Ginger did a wonderful job and I was thrilled to get it back and the binding on before Robert's next visit.    The quilt is now happily at home with Robert and he loved it.
Give this pattern a try.  I think you'll love it as much as I did.
Don't forget to label your quilts and document them for your family.  I didn't take a picture of the label, but it was machine embroidered with the quilt title, Robert's name, my name, location and the date. 

1 comment:

  1. Just love this one ... the colors are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete