Tuesday, March 13, 2012

An Off Day!

Wouldn't you know it, it's getting warmer outside and I get a migraine ... thankfully though, they are decreasing in number and severity.

I've been charged with making a quilt as a gift for a friend, so about 8:00 pm last night, I was able to start cutting fabrics.  She is very into nature and the Native American symbols of the bear, eagle and wolf ... you might think this would make finding a quilt pattern and fabric difficult but it didn't.

Out to http://www.quilterscache.com/ I went, and found a block called Wild Bears.  It uses the Bear's Paw and Flying Geese.  Perfect!

Onto one of my absolute favorite online sites - http://www.connectingthreads.com/ - there I found some yummy, chocolatey browns for the Bear's Paws.  Perfect!  I added several browns from my stash to complete the set, and make figuring the cuts easier since the quilt will have a total of 12 blocks. 

I also wanted to add some fun color to make the Bear's Paws pop but also needed something that reads as a solid so off to the Mirage collection I went ... Perfect!  I opted for a light and dark of each color: turquoise, purple, green, red, orange.

The Mirage collection also fit the bill for the background fabrics in the blocks ... I can hardly wait til it's done!

True to form, I am behind schedule on this project but I can see the finished quilt very clearly in my mind.  Despite starting out as a truly yucky day, yesterday ended quite well!

No comments:

Post a Comment