Friday, March 9, 2012

Excitement Abounds!

I have no project progress to report today, but am excited none the less.  I had a good night's sleep and woke up early ... Next Tuesday is the first night of a new class at Millstream.  It's a sampler class and one of my goals is to use fabrics from my stash to make a "happy" quilt. 

I do admit that I bought the background fabric - nothing from my stash was talking to me so I caved.  The next task is to pull fabrics from my stash.  I've found one, it's turquoise.  Life is good, so I took advantage of the extra time this morning to continue the search. 

I came across my "snow" fabrics.  I've been collecting them to make a quilt - someday.  They sang to me this morning!  I pulled out five of them.  A winter print of trees in reds, greens, aquas and white, and to go along with it an aqua, green, white and red.  I've found fabrics to make a second sampler quilt.  And all from my stash. 

I do have another  admission though ... I showed a friend my find and we both thought it needs something to pull it all together, so I did search and find online a polka dot fabric.  Well, two of them actually.  Once with red, green and aqua polka dots, another with red and green.  I'm not sure which I'll actually use but at least I know I'll have a yummy quilt when it's finished.

As a teaser, I've included a picture of the tree fabric ...

No comments:

Post a Comment