Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Better late than never ... right?

I take lots of quilting classes at Millstream Career Center, via the Community Education side.  This is week 5 of 6 for the Gadabout class, a pattern by Eleanor Burns.  And I FINALLY got my prep sewing done!  It's not a difficult pattern, and the prep work is what takes the most time ... and as you can see, it's a fun block. 

As I don't necessarily follow patterns exactly either.  The pattern was written to use four fabrics, and the examples are really quite lovely.  But June and I are trying to use the fabrics we've already acquired.  So, I went for a dive!  I had purchased these at Forever In Stitches, a local quilt shop, so they were already together.  I didn't have enough to only use four fabrics, so I decided to change it up a little.  I'm quite happy with the result ... and as I opted to make the twin size version, I only have 36 more blocks to make.



Interestingly enough, I'd like to make another one (or maybe two).  One with a less subtle pinwheel, and one that sticks to four colors but lots of fabrics for a decidedly scrappy effect.  Yes, I do smell another J&J Project in the works, too!

~ Happy Quilting ~
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment