Tuesday, February 26, 2013

STaR Raffle Quilt

This is the second quilt that I "forgot" about ... oh how I miss my mind!  At any rate, in the Lost Time Again! post I told you about this quilt.  I finished the blocks last night!  I will actually have this quilt to Ginger for quilting very close to March 1.  Hot D*mn!!

I found the pattern at Country Fabrics in Shiloh, when Vicky and I went on our Bargello fabric acquisition trip.  Just fell in love with it.  There are sixty four blocks: sixteen are all blue; sixteen are all brown; and the rest use both colors.  I went traditional and used a red batik for the center of each block.  I also decided to make the logs a little bigger, since I wanted the finished quilt to be bigger than 78" square.  While I only added 1/2" to the logs, the finished quilt will be close to 108" square.  In this case, and since it's a raffle quilt, I decided that bigger is definitely better.

I will assemble the top tonight, and, if I have time, will also get started on the back.  I'd love to be able to drop it off for quilting by Friday, but will probably wait until next Tuesday night as I'll see Ginger at the last Gadabout class.

This also means, that I'll have my fabric cut, and be started on the prep work for the Mystery Quilt workshop this Saturday.  With the exception of the Mystery Quilt, I'm planning to focus my quilting energy on catching up with some very behind projects.

More about that in my next post ...
Happy Quilting!  Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment