Monday, February 4, 2013

I've made some great progress.  Two quilts came back from the quilter.  Yeah Ginger.  Gorgeous work.  I finished the binding on this one.  It's a kalidescope.  I played with the border a lot.  I had sewn on several different patterns, but then decided to go simple with strips.  I like how it turned out.  What you can't see is that in the corner is one kalidescope block in each corner.   I haven't named it but it is going into our room at our son's house.  I'm using it on our bed at home for now until the next time we visit our son.



The other one is made using vegetable prints.  As soon as i finish it i'll post it.  Julie gave me all the vegetable fabrics.  it turned out wonderful.  I worked on the binding during the Super Bowl, but lost interest in that at half time..in the game silly not the quilt! 

The latest quilt I'm working on is for my husband to donate to the IMEF (Internation Milling Education Foundation).  They have a silent auction and I created one two years ago and I wanted to do a different one this year.   The meeting will be in Canada this year so I decided to do a red maple leaf.  I added the irish chain to break it up.  I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  I love the red and white.  I've been looking at several other quilts that i can do using two colors.  I'll probably do a couple of those next. 

Here's the maple leaf quilt top.  I just finished it tonight.  I now have to decide what to do with the borders.  I was thinking a 1 1/2" in red then a 2-3" white.  i would like to do corner stones but haven't decided if I will work.

 
quilter off center 2

2 comments: