Friday, February 8, 2013

Lost Time Again!

It's been one of those years already ... I know, it sounds horrible to say that this early in the year.  But it's also true.

Let me start by saying that Chloe is acting like her normal self, but I started January with a very sick dog.  Chloe will celebrate her 13th birthday on March 19, and until this year she's never had many medical issues.  Just the typical stuff.  After she didn't want to eat or drink for a couple of days, I decided it was time to see the vet.  I got a huge surprise when Dr. Tyzzer called to tell me that her liver counts were high, enough so that they wanted her in the hospital at least overnight so they could give her fluids and IV meds. 

She came home with presrciption dog food, liver supplements and a request to have bloodwork done in 2 weeks.  I had to make broth to get her to drink, and added water to her food.  The repeat blood work showed an increase in the liver counts, so an ultrasound was scheduled ... results showed a very enlarged liver.  The radiologist report indicated chronic pancreatitis ... talk about very bad tummy ache.  And, the request for yet more tests. 

Well, I decided to not put her through any more tests because she was starting to become very anxious ... Dr. Tyzzer and I agreed that at almost 13, she gets to be pampered until she lets me know otherwise so she gets her new, special food along with liver supplements.

Chloe also had an arthiritus flair up ... she woke up one morning and could hobble on her hind legs.  They just didn't work at all.  Another trip to see our favorite vet!  This time, liver friendly anti inflammatories were added.  She gets the lowest dose, and while it hasn't completely fixed the problem she is back to being Chloe.

I also have to add that Dr. Tyzzer is just wonderful!  She has learned more about my life than I'm sure she wants to know, and still is eager to help in anyway that she can.

Now, by this point, I'm sure you're asking "How does this relate to your quilting?"  Well, I almost forgot to make a raffle quilt.  It's for the Chili Festival that is hosted by the PTO at Washington Elementary School where my youngest niece is a student.  I've made a quilt that is raffled that night every year since 2008.  It hit me about two weeks ago ... like a brick ... I didn't have one made yet!  I made a harried call to June, panicing that I needed to get a top made that weekend so I'd have time to get it quilted and back to finish the binding.  Thankfully, June had a calming influence and via the phone helped me pick out fabrics, all from my stash no less.  I used the block from the pattern Cheaper by the 1/2 Dozen and made a twin size quilt.  I had enough left over to make a pieced backing, binding and a pillow case to match!  Ginger is a dream!  I pick the quilt up tonight after work, and will get the binding on it and the pillow case made tomorrow.

And if you think one quilt is bad ... yes, you guessed it, there's another!  This one isn't a twin size quilt, and the pattern has to be a star.  This one will be kinq size.  Yes, back to my stash for a dive I went.  This time I pulled out six batiks and am in the process of making log cabin blocks that will form a carpenter's wheel when the top is put together.  I've got this ... 

Well, maybe ... Chloe's had a bad week as I think her tummy is hurting, and I'm fighting another sinus infection ... which equates to not as much sewing as I needed to get done.  I've talked to Ginger so she knows about the quilt.  And will be working on it tomorrow as well.  Thankfully, I have until the end of the month to finish it and get it delivered to Ginger for quilting ... Yes, I do believe I really can do this! 

Until the next panic ...
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment