Sunday, February 10, 2013

What a beautiful day...to Quilt!

The weather outside is frightful....yes it is Minnesota and it's snowing.  It supposed to be pretty bad, worse up north but what a great day to quilt.  So that's what I did.  I finsihed the borders on the auction quilt.  I wanted to duplicate the nine patch in the corners so the borders kind of fell into place.  Here is the finished top.
Now to decide how to quilt it.  I'm not sure if I'm going to send it out or quilt it myself.  I've been practicing free motion continuous quilting on paper.  All the other quilts I've quilted I follow the pattern.  This quilt has a lot of white space so I'd like to do something special in the spaces.  The maple leaf leave me with wonder.  Again a lot of space to add some special touches.  I'll play a while.  I've never played with quilting motifs in EQ, maybe I should try that.  I'm always trying to learn new things, this would be a great time.


1 comment: