Sunday, February 10, 2013

Julie's visit

Julie is coming for a visit in 6 weeks.  We've already been discussing what we plan to do.  We usually work on at least one quilt pattern together.   Julie usually brings a car load of fabric and leaves the majority of it here.  This year I asked Julie to plan scrappy quilts using my stash.  The ultimate stash buster!  Thankfully she agreed.  The first quilt we decided on was the LeMoyne Star.  Julie is star crazy.  But in this case we both were looking at the same pattern at the same time.  I saw a show on Fons and Porter and fell in love with the way they put it together.  It is called "Links".  It was in their magazine in 2012.  Fortunately I have a dear friend, Mar, who keeps her magazines and she had that issue.  So I now have the pattern.  I'm going to do it, but with the scrappy twist.  Julie has another LeMoyne star pattern that is gorgeous and is scrapy, so she'll probably do that.  We'll decide when she gets here. 

The second quilt is a strip quilt.  Julie wants to use pattern ease, something I've never done.  I'm excited to learn a new technique.  We're preparing strips, cutting them 1 1/2".  We'll throw all the stips together and it will be really scrappy.  I'm excited.

Then the third quilt...if we get this far...is one called Opsie daisy.  Julie brought this pattern with her last year.  It is two blocks one is a 32 squares for each block alternating with a flower applique in the other block.  The pattern shows pastels.  I can't wait to see what fabric Julie wants to use.  It should be fun to see the differences in our fabric choices. 

So this is our plan so far...but life changes things.  We need to stop looking at stuff online...hehehehe

1 comment: