Monday, February 25, 2013

New York Beauty

I found this lovely pattern in a mag of a New York Beauty.  OMG.  It was gorgeous.  So I decided to make a block for my sampler.  The pattern is paper pieced.  I'm not a big fan of paper piecing.  I've tried it before but never had much luck....well this pattern was different.  The direction were clear on how big to cut the pieces that would fun the points.  It went together easily.  I did it while our Quilt Kvetch was at my house.  I got the four pieces done.  I'll post pictures later.  Forgot to take any yesterday
When it came time to put on the outer curve...i didn't understand the directions. It showed the curves and said something about 'take away for piece d'....what did that mean. well it was only after I used the 'take away' pattern piece and tried to sew it to the paper pieced arc that I figured out it meant I had to cut a 9" square and use the 'take away' piece as the pattern to remove the fabric where the arc goes...DUH!






No comments:

Post a Comment