Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The worst of times, and the best of times.

My heart broke into pieces yesterday, as I had to make one of the most difficult decisions of my life.  And I'll admit that if I could, I'd go back and undo it because I'm feeling very selfish at the moment.  The truth of the whole situation is that old age, and all of it's complications, just sucks!  I miss my baby, for that's truly who she will always be, but I know that she's now free of the limitations of her age.

And through all of this, I'm also very blessed.  I visited with my friend Nancy yesterday.  She and her husband have five wonderful Chihuahuas living with them.  I spent yesterday afternoon and early evening at Nancy's house, sitting in a comfy chair with two of them in my lap.  They soaked up the attention, and I soaked up some love in return. 

I'll also be visiting with Ollie and Tammy at the end of the week.  They're the cats who live with June and Joel.  I can usually convince them into cuddling when I visit.   

The picture below was taken a couple of years ago on Christmas morning.  For some reason, I was up early (no, this usually does not happen).  As you can see, Chloe was awake.  And made the moment merrier as she refused to move.  She watched me intently, following every move that I made but absolutely refused to move.


And this one was taken late last fall, after a visit to Pineview Kennels.  Chloe tolerated baths.  Barely.  It was just to plain easier to let someone else do it, and she came home with a something fun to wear afterwards.  It was like her collar, she didn't like for me to take it off.  Eventually, she would pull it off on her own ... I was just not allowed to do it for her.


Rest in peace baby girl!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment