Sunday, March 10, 2013

weekend disappearing 9

Bless Julie.  She told me she was taking a break from all her projects and doing a rainbow quilt.  I have been working on the courthouse step quilt and although it isn't difficult, it takes concentration because the courthouse steps on one block match the courthouse steps on the adjacent block.  i'll tell you i've missed on one or two steps, but have pulled it out and have two rows done plus a few other blocks that I'll make fit.  But when Julie said she was taking a break I thought...me too!

I pulled out this mottled FQ set I bought from Connecting Threads and thought I'm going to do a disappearing 9 patch.  My friend, Liz, was working on that pattern at our last Quilt Kvetch, except she called it something different.  I think she got the pattern from Eleanor Burns.  Anyway, here's a picture of the middle of my weekend disappearing quilt.

 
 
 
I'm thinking I'll put a small light blue border...probably less than 2" wide.  then i want to try a ribbon border.  I saw this on a Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day show and thought it looked cool and I've never done one.  I'll see what i have left for fabric and see what I can come up with.  I'll post again once it is done. 
 
 
Even when you're reverse sewing, you're still sewing!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment